Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Who will you be

Well today was a GREAT day! The fairy came last night and sprinkled happy dust on my head. (not really - sarcastic of course!) Normal day, leave work early, rush to get H&H to skills training and off to pick up Hope. (and don't forget laundry and more laundry) Hope did have a great day though! She got to stuff her face AND Sailers with TONS of cheese cruchies! (god bless crunchies) I enjoyed 1 glass of wine (yes only 1... well until later that evening after everyone was in bed :) Then I turned on Oprah. I had an AWHA moment! 'Who will you be' ~ That is the name of the book I want to buy & read...author, Maria Shriver. I watched her on Oprah today discussing her book. She had one very powerfull statement that caught my attention ~ "always doing, serving and accomplishing". Maria stated this is all she knew and was raised to do. Her identity was lost and now she is trying to rediscover who she is. Maria said "Let go of the expectations others have of you". What a true statement that is for me! Ok, I may have not been born into the Kennedy family but I feel blessed to have received this information for she is 50 something and I'm still in my 20s! HA!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! :) Happy Day!

Libbie said...

i have seen thatone and want to read the book too. i feel your pain!!! single working mom of 3 active boys! chin up, work is only a way to feed your kids and nothing more!