Friday, April 18, 2008

Surgery day

Well, today was the big day! We got to the hospital a little after 6am. We checked in and shortly after had to put her in the cutest little backless gown! They took her blood pressure and then squirted this spray in her nose (I call it happy spray ~ wish they could sell that over the counter!) :p Less than 3 minutes after getting the spray, they asked me to put Hope on the surgery bed. I thought to myself "ok she's not going with out a fight". I couldn't believe it.... I put her on the bed and she sat straight up with the biggest eyes and smile and looked hmmmm let's say high! Within the next 15 minutes they called us back to recovery. Now this was no fun! Every other kid was quite and half sleepy. Not Hope! I could tell immediately she is just like me! Her head was bobbing, she couldn't open her eyes, she was trying to push out a cry and couldn't stay still. They let us give her some juice and sure enough on the ride home... she threw it all up! When we got home, she was trying to walk and be active but she was still drugged up so she was wobbly. We had to follow her every where! Finally she passed out! After she woke up from a very long nap, she started talking and acting like "old hopey"! Yipeeeeee

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear she's home and all is well. Thanks for the text this morning. What a sweet little girl! Sweet pictures, too; love the hospital gown on her. :) Makes me smile.