Monday, April 21, 2008

Death by bicycle!

The girls some how talked me into going on a bike ride to the golf course to look for golf balls!!! I haven't been on a bike in about 10 years! What was I thinking? Before I even got off my street, I had already fallen over at least 3 times. There was 1 neighbor who was lucky enough to witness the falls. Hannah & Haley kept telling me to stay on one side of the side walk because they thought I was going to crash into them!!! Then as I rounded the corner I figured out I had to stand up and pedal up the hill. Geeez... am I THAT out of shape? I was happy to see the downward slope so I stopped pedalling and sat back to enjoy the wind in my hair. I quickly was gaining on Haley and decided I should slow down. Well, I was thinking about biking back in the old days, you know, before hand brakes?? So I tried to push the pedals in reverse to get NO reaction. Oh CRAP... I'm headed right for her.... I swerve off the sidewalk about the time I figured out there are hand brakes (dang they're sensitive) and over the handle bars I go! Now by this time, the entire neighborhood decides to go for an evening walk and gets to witness me breaking my neck! niiiiiiiiiiiiice! But I'm a trooper and hop back on only to figure out bike seats must be made for people with lots of cushion! Who in the heck designed those seats? My butt started to go numb after about 5 minutes so then I switched back to standing and pedalling which led to me wobbling like a 4 year old who just lost their training wheels! Needless to say, tomorrow I'm going to try out the Razor. That thing doesn't look that difficult to operate... at least I hope!

No comments: