
Ok, I was desperate. My allergies started kickin' up about a month ago and steadily getting worse. Allegra & flonase no longer helps! ugggh! So I said, what the heck... I will try something different ~ accupuncture! :o Ok, you may be laughing but I'm a believer! After only 2 treatments I was 99% better!
The experience was by far the wierdest thing I have ever done! I walked into this little mom & pop accupuncture office around the corner from my work. Typical Asian, soothing music playing in the background and then pops up Mr. Miyagi! No joke, this guy looks like Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid. The best part about him is that he tells jokes and then laughs at himself! I'm not even sure if they are funny jokes since he barely speaks English!
He then takes me back to this room where he begins to tell me about shooting some herbal stuff up my nose but not to worry, "its a little spicy"! Ok, WHAT???? Immediately my eyes are tearing up and it feels like my brain is on fire. He tells me to stay like that for 2 minutes and sets a timer and tells me to ring the bell when the timer is done. The bell is something you would see at a hotel! Ok, a little strange but I continue. I rang the bell and Mr. Miyagi reappears! He then tells me to sniff this stinky steam for about 5 mintues and then ring the bell! What is up with the bell??? Well, he reappears once again! He takes me to another room where I lie down and I believe he is telling me more jokes?? I guess this was to distract me as he starts popping needles all in my face! It didn't hurt but it was very strange to look at needles sticking out of my face! Then he shoves some red lights up my nose and instructs me to ring the bell once again when the light goes off! RING RING!!! For the last time, Mr. Miyagi reappears and removes all the needles.
Strange... I know! But it worked!
No comments:
Post a Comment