Sunday, October 12, 2008

Politicked?

Politicked

I love it! Our church started a new series called "Politicked"! How fitting for today!

We started out our day with church! Yes, we are sad sad souls dragging ourselves out of bed because Scott poured wine down our throats all night! ghaw dang Catholic! :) Anyway, Jason was so excited about this new series that he invited his all time favorite political debater... Tara! He personally invited her to sit right next to him. Well, to his disappointment, he was to... uh hum... "tired" to debate politics with her! They have had a few debates, sober and not so sober. Not sure if that is good or bad but it has always been fun for Mark & I to watch! :p Ho hum... can't wait for next week!

Then what perfect timing.... This evening, I volunteered to work some of the HALO charity event that was hosted by none other than Kay Granger! How ironic!!! Anyway, the event was a HUGE success! Amy & several others worked SO hard on putting this event together. Not sure of the numbers just yet but I do believe this was the LARGEST new membership drive we have had for HALO. If you are interested, please log on and take a quick look! Only $40 per person or $70 for a couple! http://www.halosociety.com/

Ok, and on to a something funny... I totally had a Marilyn Monroe moment! As you will see in the pics, I was wearing a soft pleated dress and the event was on Kay's rooftop. Well, when we got there it was VERY windy! I was putting away some teddy bears (hands unusable) when the wind caught my dress and completely blew it ALL the way over my head! Oh geeeez!

And on another note... Beth - you are to ALWAYS plan on shopping with me prior to events we attend together! This makes how many times we have worn the SAME exact outfit or almost the same????? :o

No comments: